Sunday 8 December 2013

Nurse Caesar...

I hate being ill.  Not least because I feel like I'm being slowly dragged along a gravelly pavement!  I mostly hate being ill because I can't stand being on my own.  So far in my life, and rather luckily for me, I've not been too much of a sickly person.  I'll catch the occasional cold and feel rotten and, less fortunately, I have suffered from migraines for quite a long time.  However, aside from this, I largely manage to stay on my feet.  And, when I do get ill, I usually battle on anyway.

So, what do you do when you go to the doctors and get told that you can't work?  That you're "contagious".  Panic!  What will I do with myself?  Sleep is the key answer to that question.

My past days have been a combination of soup eating, medication munching, sleeping and not much else.

I've managed with support of 2 things:
1.  A box set of Scrubs
2.  Caesar

No matter what, Caesar has been by my side while I've been ill.  As I've drifted in and out of sleep, he's kept his watchful eye on me, he's sat on my lap and let me eat my soup in peace (unheard of), he's put his head on my shoulder while I've laid watching the TV and he's been bumped around, accidentally kicked, pushed and laid on as I've slept through many fever induced nightmares.
Doing a great job of looking after me.  If only he could stay awake....

He's done without his long walks, dog training and playtime just to lie by my side.  Except at tea time when suddenly he seems to disappear....

Nurse Caesar to the rescue! 

Caesar having his own barmy dream:


Link to video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSX30mXMNrM

No comments:

Post a Comment